If you want to take your photos a step up from Instagram or VSCO filters, it’s time to get comfortable with Lightroom. Lightroom is an Adobe software designed for editing photos on your computer, but they also make an app for your phone. These instructions will help you apply any presets you like to your photos on both a computer or a mobile phone.
How To Create Lightroom Presets
1. In the Develop mode, edit any photo to your liking.
2. Click the Create New Preset (+) button or click Develop > New Preset.
3. Type a name in the Preset Name box, specify which folder the preset should appear in, and click Create.The preset is added to the list in the Presets panel in the specified folder.
How To Import Lightroom Presets
- Go to: Edit • Preferences • Presets
- Click on the box titled: Show Lightroom Presets Folder
- Double click on Lightroom
- Double click on Develop Presets
- Copy the folder(s) of your presets into the Develop Presets folder
- Restart Lightroom
Follow the computer instructions How To Create Lightroom Presets on your computer first. Then you will need to transfer the files from your computer to your phone.
- If you are creating your own presets, first apply each preset to a different photo in Lightroom
- Export all edited photos as DNG files to your computer
- To get the preset files to your phone, email yourself the DNG files or use a cloud storage solution like Google Drive or Dropbox to access and download them.
- Downlod the DNG files to your phone
- Open the Lightroom mobile app
- Create a new album for your presets
- Upload the DNG files from your device to your new Lightroom album
- Click on the photo with the preset you would like to copy. Expand the ellipsis menu and click ‘Copy Settings’
- Next, open the photo you would like to edit. Expand the ellipsis menu and click ‘Paste Settings’